Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues How to display an ACF taxonomy only when a second taxonomy name is present?

Unread

How to display an ACF taxonomy only when a second taxonomy name is present?

• Either I’m daft or I’m trying to do more than is possible, let’s see which 🙂

I have a custom posttype: ‘podcasts’
    This custom posttype has two custom taxonomies via ACF: ‘Shows’ and ‘Topic’.

Topic is standalone taxonomy on posts, but is also applied to ‘Shows’ as a field (see screenshot).

Making the right topics display on page alongside relevant ‘Shows’ was fairly trivial, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to go the other way and display a list of ‘Shows’ based on a specific ‘Topics’.

For example I have /shows/sometitle/

On that page I can easily display Show sometitle, with Topics A, B and C beside it and the relevant posts in the Show taxonomy beneath. I can do the same with other Shows.

But I cannot seem to create /topics/nature/ and display Topics nature, with Show A, Show B, Show D beside it (perhaps Show C has a different topic).

Is there a way to display the a taxonomy (shows) only when a specific second taxonomy name is also present (topics=nature)?

Hopefully I’ve made sense, perhaps I’m going about this all wrong and there’s a better route to take?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.