Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues How to add custom field to a category?

Solved

How to add custom field to a category?

• Is there a way to show the ACF group on the actual product edit page if the category is checked?

Currently, this adds the ACF group to the category editor, I need this to show if a user check-boxes the relevant category.

• Location Rule: “Post Taxonomy” “is equal to” “SELECT THE TERM”

• @hube2 I don’t get it to work. When i select taxonomy under forms and select the product categories i get my fields. However when i select the product cat with post taxonomy it doesn’t show up. Could you help me out here?

• Could you clarify?

So in the acf group, create your fields.

Then in your rules set “post taxonomy” to equal the taxonomy you want the fields to show for.

When creating your posts, if you checkbox the taxonomy/category you chose the fields will show.

To troubleshoot:
    1. check that the fields are showing further down the page, sometimes they will show but they will only appear at the bottom of the post unless you set the priority

2. Try saving the post to see if the fields show

Post a screen shot of your rules so we can see 🙂

• Yea sure no problem. I have created several categories with woocommerce. And i linked them with ACF like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/k4p1Q7J.png

However when i go to one of these cats, i don’t see the extra fields, i have saved the post like you said. Also at the bottom of the category page there is nothing, it does show some general fields i added to the woocommerce categories with these settings:
    https://i.imgur.com/oTzI5rm.png

However these are general fields i need to fill. Those categories are different from the rest and need some additional fields.

Hope i clarified it enough, otherwise just let me know 🙂

• This option will show the fields on the post page, not on the category page.

You need to choose the page template as the category

• I’m not quite sure i understand. When i select page templates i only get the default page template since i didn’t created another. I need to add several extra fields to only a few categories in WC. Could you please clarify which option i need to chose?

• Apologies for digging up an old post, but would it be possible to show an option that covers subcategories of, for instance the location select would show:

Product Category > Brands

and it would assign the ACF fields for all subcategories within the ‘Brands’ category.

Our use case is adding a logo field but only to subcategories of Brands eg.

– Brands
    — Coca Cola
    — Pepsi

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘How to add custom field to a category?’ is closed to new replies.