Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Google Map not displaying on WP backend

Solving

Google Map not displaying on WP backend

• Any news on that issue? The backend Google map still isn’t working, and we need this function for a client project. And yes of course the code is correct and the API keys is correct and all APIs are activated etc. It’s a bug in ACF!

• I am still having the same issue in the version ACF Pro 5.8.9 with Google Maps. I am attaching a gif to show you and the code error from Google Maps API is: js?key=dce_api_gmaps&ver=5.4:54 Google Maps JavaScript API error: InvalidKeyMapError
    Hope you can help me with that.

• Me too. Please update https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/google-map/ this documentation.

• Is there any update on this? I have tried all of the above and still get the map greyed out in the back end.

• For me, I have to add my WordPress backend edit page url to the API allowed list in Google Cloud Platform, then the map appear in my WordPress backend.

• I’ve found a quick and easy way around this, for anyone experiencing the same issue and in need of a quick solution.

Go into the backend page for adding/editing map locations. Use your browser’s inspect element tool to find two hidden input fields, one for latitude, one for longitude. They are in a div called “acf-hidden” and will be called “input-lat” and “input-lng”.
    Manually input your lat/long in there (in the value attribute) and submit the form, this will update the maps location without the need for maps to load in the backend.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Google Map not displaying on WP backend’ is closed to new replies.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.