Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Front end form not uploading media / not loading wp-uploader

Solved

Front end form not uploading media / not loading wp-uploader

• I’m trying to create a front end form for users to create a post in a custom post type (“books”). The basic form inputs work fine, but images aren’t uploading/the wp-loader popup doesn’t load. If I choose ‘basic’, the image doesn’t upload to media, and if I choose ‘wp’, the “add image” button on the front end doesn’t load anything. Am I missing something? I’m testing with Admin/full permissions.

<?php acf_form_head(); ?>

<?php acf_form(array(
             'post_id' => 'new_post',
             'field_groups' => array(27), 
             'post_title' => true, 
             'uploader' => 'wp',
             'form' => true,
             'new_post' => array(
                 'post_type' => 'books',
                 'post_status' => 'pending'
             ),
            //  'return' => '%post_url%',
             'submit_value' => 'Submit',
             'updated_messag' => 'Submitted!'
         )); ?>
        <?php endwhile; ?>

Also, the “add row” for repeater fields doesn’t work, either. This makes me believe I’m missing something…

Thank you

• I’m assuming I’m missing:

// Enqueue uploadedr scripts.
    acf_enqueue_uploader();

and

// Trigger the append action and provide the newly appended jQuery element.
    acf.do_action('append', $('#popup-id'));

but adding these doesn’t seem to do the trick. Maybe I’m adding them wrong?

• Moving the get_header(); above acf_form_head(); worked, the images are now being uploaded and the ‘add row’ is now working, but I’m getting an error after submission:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:…wp-includes\class.wp-styles.php:214) in …\wp-includes\pluggable.php on line 1340

not sure what’s going on

• I had some html in my header, so it was throwing that error due to it being before acf_form_head. Loading acf_form_head(); before that made the error stop

However I’m noticing that while the images are being uploaded to media, they still aren’t being added to the post

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.