Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Flexible content is not showing in edit mode

Solved

Flexible content is not showing in edit mode

• Hi, been working with ACF for a while, almost never an issue.

Today one of my clients asked me about an odd thing that is happening on her site: The flexible content is not showing in edit mode (content is still showing at the front). So i ran some tests:

– All plugins are updated
    – No caching or plugin issue
    – Not a WP5 issue
    – Updated the DB
    – Switched theme, same problem
    – Downgraded ACF, no luck

The pages contained different type of fields.
    Switched off the flexible content then all other fields came to life and looked normal.
    Switched on the flexible content all fields looked odd, and no meta box could be selected in edit mode e.g. screen options, help etc.

Cloned the site:
    On the live site (Microsoft-IIS/8.5) the issues are present.
    On the staging site (nginx) the flexible content are back and I can edit as usual.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• This is happening for me. Checked max_input_vars and it should be displaying…

• Some guidance from the support team helped me fins a function causing the problem.

Delete it and everything is up and running

function my_acf_flexible_content_layout_title( $title, $field, $layout, $i ) {

// remove layout title from text
    $title = ”;

// load text sub field
    if( $text = get_sub_field(‘section_lable’) ) {

$title .= ‘<h4 style=”margin: -20px 30px 0;”>’ . $text . ‘</h4>’;
    }
    // return
    return $title;
    }
    // name
    add_filter(‘acf/fields/flexible_content/layout_title/name=section’, ‘my_acf_flexible_content_layout_title’, 0, 0);
    add_filter(‘acf/fields/flexible_content/layout_title/name=footer_section’, ‘my_acf_flexible_content_layout_title’, 0, 0);

• Just to be clear for anyone else that is looking this problem up from google: you need to update a failing old function my_acf_flexible_content_layout_title that may have been in your theme to this snippet: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-fields-flexible_content-layout_title/

A filter allows you to modify the text (HTML) displayed at the top of each flexible content layout.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Flexible content is not showing in edit mode’ is closed to new replies.