Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Fields only save as long as edit page is open

Solving

Fields only save as long as edit page is open

• Here’s a weird one.

I’ve got a cpt with a number of fields. As of a couple days ago, if I edit a field on an existing post, and save it, it shows up on the front end, but as soon as i leave the edit page, it reverts back to the older version of the content of that field.

Any idea what would cause this? i’ve never seen this before, especially the fact that the edits show on the live site until you leave the backend page.

To my knowledge, no plugins were updated anytime last week before this happened, so i’m not sure why it just started. AND, the normal wordpress content area saves fine. So its only an ACF issue.

Thoughts??

My only idea is that it was a php limit, like max vars or something, but we’ve had no problems with this before.

Hosted on wpengine.

Thanks!!

• So after much research and testing, I found that there is a weird conflict between ACF and a plugin called Revisionary. Not sure why yet, as I don’t know how to look into what conflicts, but at least I know.

Problem is I really need Revisionary to work on the site as well to limit author’s editing.

If anyone has a solution to this, I’d love to hear it.

• Hi @aaronrobb

Thank you for your investigation work:)

To fix this conflict it will take the combined effort of Elliot and the guys over at Revolutionary plugin.

I have alerted Elliot about this and he will be in touch with their support team so as to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fields only save as long as edit page is open’ is closed to new replies.