Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Field groups restricted to user role not showing up when changing user role

Solving

Field groups restricted to user role not showing up when changing user role

• I’m trying to add a field to the user location.

When I add a condition to only show for a certain role, the fields don’t show up when I chose the role.

Example:

I have a post type called “Location” and I’m trying to add the Post Object field for Location to the User form. This works with no conditions but when I add a user role condition to only show the field for Admin level, the field doesn’t show up when I change the role select to Admin.

Unless it works the other way around where the role condition is based on the viewing user’s permissions.

Hopefully it’s what I originally thought!

Thanks for an amazing plugin.

• It works the second way, it’s based on the currently logged in user, that being you.

• Actually, I just did some testing. It seems to work in the first way, based on the role of the user you are creating.

I’m currently an administrator and I set a field for User Location to only show up with the following conditions:

User Form is equal to Add / Edit AND
    User Role is equal to Administrator

The User Location field does not show up.

When I change the second condition to be:

User Role is equal to Subscriber

The field shows up

This is because the default level when creating a new user is Subscriber.

There just doesn’t seem to be any dynamic logic for when that field changes. Which would be awesome. I can currently function with removing the second condition completely as there are only Admins and Authors.

• Hi guys

This is all correct.
    Ill have a look at adding in dynamic logic to update the field’s when changing the role

• I’m having the same problem in the latest ACF PRO (5.5.14).

When will (role-based) dynamic logic be implemented to the User Add form?

• I’m having the same problem in the latest ACF PRO (5.6.10).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Field groups restricted to user role not showing up when changing user role’ is closed to new replies.