Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Field group not visible in REST API (even though the checkbox is checked)

Unread

Field group not visible in REST API (even though the checkbox is checked)

• Hello, I’m having an issue with ACF custom field group not being visible in REST APi when it’s location rule is set to: Show this field group if Block is equal to Call to Action*. On the other hand, changing the field group location rule to – Show this field group if Post Type is equal to Glossary (our custom post type on which we want to use this custom field group) – then I can see the field group in the REST API endpoint.
    In summary, Call to Action is a custom field group which we want to use on Glossary post type and we want to be able to insert it wherever in the content of the post – hence I tried to create a block type (also called Call to Action) using ACF. The whole thing seemingly works, since we can now add that custom block with the custom fields inside a post by clicking on the plus icon in the block editor interface thingy. Only problem is that the inserted values and the acf->calltoaction is not visible in the rest API unless I change the location rule as stated above.
    Disclaimer: Changing the location rule to the mentioned one is not what we want since we couldn’t control where we can put that block/content inside the post. By having the location rule set to Post Type is equal to Glossary, we would only be able to add those custom values at the end of the post, and that would mean that the custom content would not be in a desired place in the post.
    Also, in the field group settings we specified that we want it to be visible in the REST API.

Hope that was somewhat clear, any help will be much appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.