Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Field disapper when I Edit and Update field

Solving

Field disapper when I Edit and Update field

• Hi,

All was working fine, but issue started to arise few days back. When I edit any field and hit Update, then that edited field suddenly disappear. This is a fatal error for my project.

I’m a pro user, and I had generated a ticket regarding it more then week ago, but no reply yet. Even in their support system, I’m even not seeing the option of viewing my ticket’s status or replying / commenting on it.

• And in addition to that old issue, I’m also not able to create any new fields or fields groups in advanced custom fields pro.

When I create any field and hit Update, then after refreshing of page, that new field has also gone.

I had purchased the pro version to make my project seamless, but now I’m in the middle of sea and no support is being given even after more than week.

• Hi @saadsohailk

This is possibly due to PHP limiting the number of variables.

Try to increase this by adding
    max_input_vars = 3000

In you php configuration.

Let me know if it helps.

• It is already max_input_vars = 100000

• If you want, I can give my website’s credentials to you in private message.

• Please try to resolve it asap, because deadline of my project is now over due to this issue. Thanks

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • This reply has been marked as private.
  • Another thing is that I’m not getting any email updates for replies on this thread even though I’ve taken on the option of email updates.

This is the main reason for my late replies, because I only see your replies when I manually visit this tread.

• Sir, I you don’t have any solution then please don’t waste my time. Just refund my amount and let me use another plugin.

I haven’t seen such a poor support in my whole professional life.

• Hi @saadsohailk

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please increase the post, get and request max vars too? This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/limit-number-fields/.

If that doesn’t work, could you please check if you have the Local JSON feature activated? Please take a look at this page to learn more about this feature: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/local-json/.

Also, could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

If still no luck, could you please ask your hosting if there are error messages logged?

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

• This morning, I’ve received the email that:

I’ve done some quick debugging in the ACF PRO files and can confirm that the $_POST data is correct, and that the fields are saving to the DB.
    I believe there is a conflict with one of your plugins that is preventing the ACF field’s to be loaded from the DB.
    Perhaps one of the plugins contains some pre_get_posts filter that is causing issue?
    Are we able to disable some plugins to test the admin?

And I replied:

Thanks for the progress. It is currently a test version of site and you are free to do anything in it.

—–

So you are free to do anything in site to resolve the issue, as I’ve a backup of site on my local machine. Thanks

• Hi @saadsohailk

Thanks for the feedback.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

• I had a similar problem that looked to have been from upgrading from version 5.2.6 to the latest 5.3.7.

After the upgrade I noticed that whenever I updated or added a new field in ACF it would disappear from the listing of fields. Looking in the DB it was getting recorded in there but the post_parent field was recorded incorrectly so it wasn’t coming up on the ACF I was editing.

I also noticed it happened when I rolled back to the version before 5.3.7, I’m not sure how many other version it would occur in as I needed to get things back up and rolled back to 5.2.6 after that.

Have any idea why that could be happening to me. Maybe there is another plugin messing with that field on later versions?

• Hi @liquifiedcreative

That’s weird. First of all, could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

If the issue persists, could you please create a staging site and open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/? Don’t forget to provide the admin credentials to the staging site in the new support ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Field disapper when I Edit and Update field’ is closed to new replies.