Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Expire posts to drafts from datepicker date after 1 day?

Solved

Expire posts to drafts from datepicker date after 1 day?

• Hey everybody, I’m using an ACF datepicker to organize a list of event posts, and I’d like each event to automatically expire after its datepicker date passes.

I’ve found a code snippet to do that, and it works, but it’s not quite what I need. Because of the nature of these events it’s important that the posts remain visible for the entire day-of. This snippet automatically expires posts at midnight on the day (so a post for October 3 disappears at 00:00 on October 3).

Does anybody know a way to tweak this so the posts will expire at midnight on the following day? So a post dated October 3 disappears at 00:00 on October 4?

I’ve fussed around with adding strtotime all day, but I’m not great with PHP, so I have no idea where to place it semantically.

The snippet:

if (!wp_next_scheduled('expire_posts')){
      wp_schedule_event(time(), 'daily', 'expire_posts'); // this can be hourly, twicedaily, or daily
    }

add_action('expire_posts', 'expire_posts_function');

function expire_posts_function() {
    	$today = date('Ymd');
    	$args = array(
    		'post_type' => array('events'), // post types you want to check
    		'posts_per_page' => 50 
    	);
    	$posts = get_posts($args);
    	foreach($posts as $p){
    		$expiredate = get_field('datedate', $p->ID, false, false); // get the raw date from the db
    		if ($expiredate) {
    			if($expiredate <= $today){
    				$postdata = array(
    					'ID' => $p->ID,
    					'post_status' => 'draft'
    				);
    				wp_update_post($postdata);
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
  • change

if($expiredate <= $today){

to

if($expiredate < $today){

• Much appreciated!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.