Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Escape or shoe HTML in the Description Field

Solved

Escape or shoe HTML in the Description Field

• In the Instructions area of a Field, one can enter text as “Instructions for authors. Shown when submitting data.” Is it possible to show raw HTML in this field?

The field I am using that the instructions refer to is a “Choice” field, and the choices are a list of HTML strings that are full <a href="http://example.com">websitelink</a> links.

I can paste lists of full HTML links into the “Choices” field, and it’s no problem that on the user end in the post/page editor that the links appear as the text link websitelink in the Choice dropdown and not the full HTML.

But I need to show the full HTML in the Instructions because this Field Group appears on an Options Page, and I need users to know that they have to paste lists of full HTML links. So I’d like Instructions to show a few examples of the full HTML links; right now, the Instructions render HTML rather than display raw HTML.

• Ouch, typo: title should be Show instead of Shoe.

• In the instructions field enter html entities < for <, > for > etc.

• It seems that I cannot submit what I want, it keeps getting altered.

remove the space from this & lt; == < and remove the space from this & gt; == >

• Yes, html entities work in the Instructions fields; thanks. I should have tried that. HTML like break tags work.

The code tags in the forum editor should work to be able to post entities without converting them, like this:

< for < arrow and > for right arrow.

• Nope, the code tags don’t allow entities to be posted. Must be a limited Tiny-MCE editor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Escape or shoe HTML in the Description Field’ is closed to new replies.