Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Empty / Blank Page in Frontend and Backend after update

Solved

Empty / Blank Page in Frontend and Backend after update

• Today i updated the ACF-Version an get a blank page in frontend and backend of my site.

If i deleted the acf folder from the plugins and copy an old one there, the site runs again.

• Hi @skrabbel

It’s possible that there’s a conflict between ACF and your theme or other plugins. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with only ACF activated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Also, could you please set WP_DEBUG to true to see any error messages on the page? Please take a look at this page to learn how to set it: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress.

Thanks 🙂

• Hello James,

Debug is on the dev-system always on. There is nothing. Only a blank page. I get only an error if change the database password. Then i see Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ##### (using password: YES) in ####wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 1490 and so on.

I can’t swich the theme after updating acf pro, because I can’t enter the administration area.

If i switch it before, it is the same. But i find out an other aspect. If i won’t to switch back to an older version. I must copy the old version to the plugin-folder and replace the database with a backup, too.

Greetings

• Hi @skrabbel

I believe you can disable the plugins by renaming the “wp-content/plugins” folder. This page should give you more idea about it: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-deactivate-all-plugins-when-not-able-to-access-wp-admin/.

Also, could you please check the error log on your server? I believe you can ask your hosting to get the log.

Thanks 🙂

• I found the problem. I use this Date Time Picker Field

The new version works correctly with this 3rd party acf field. I need it – because my posts work with this. Also i revert acf pro.

Thanks for your help.

• Thanks for the fix! I’m very happy with this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Empty / Blank Page in Frontend and Backend after update’ is closed to new replies.