Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Empty ACF Dropdowns on translated pages using WPML translate/duplicate

Solving

Empty ACF Dropdowns on translated pages using WPML translate/duplicate

• Hi all,

I have just had some pages translated using WPML icanlocalize professional translation.

Most fields have translated fine and appear correctly on the new language pages. However, all dropdowns show no options, and the selected option is blank. I think the dropdown is the only field type i’m having problems with. I use conditional logic controlled by these to show and hide other pages on the admin screen.

I’ve tried doing a WPML duplicate of a page using and the problem exists here too.

I’ve followed the Elliott’s tutorial and set field groups to translate and not fields.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• On closer inspection it seems that choices for dropdowns (select fields) aren’t copied over to the new language when doing a duplication of the base language field group.

Anyone know if there is a simple way to get them to copy across (without copy and paste!).

• Hi @jlordy1,

Thanks for the post.

There was a bug in v 5.3.5 that was affecting the migration of choices in select fields using JSON, this issue could be related.

The good news is that this has since been fixed and upgrading to v 5.3.7 should be able to solve this 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Empty ACF Dropdowns on translated pages using WPML translate/duplicate’ is closed to new replies.