Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Do Custom Fields Create 'Parameters'?

Helping

Do Custom Fields Create 'Parameters'?

• I am working with a custom post type and have aded custom fields such as a checkbox for the posts called “Featured” which can be either either checked or left unchecked.

My site also pulls these custom post types into a carousel. However, I want to only show the posts that have been checked “Yes” for the “Featured” custom field. The carousel allows me to do this as long as I have a parameter such as ‘year=2012&monthnum=12’ or ‘post__in=array(1,2,5)&post__not_in=array(25,10)’ .

However, I cannot seem to determine whether these custom fields create parameters so that I could potentially use something like this: ‘featured=true’. Can anyone help me determine if this is possible and what the steps would be to be able to use these fields/parameters?

Thanks so much!

• The “parameters” look very much like a WP_Query argument. You’d need to talk to whoever created the carousel you’re using. ACF fields are saved as meta values and most of them can be easily added to a query, but I can’t tell you if the carousel can use them or not.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Do Custom Fields Create 'Parameters'?’ is closed to new replies.