Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Date picker showing today's date instead of selected date

Solving

Date picker showing today's date instead of selected date

• Hi All,

I’m running WP 4.3.1 and ACF Version 5.3.1

I have a reverse relationship returning entries of which all other fields are working as expected. However, I have a date picker ACF with the following settings:
    Display format: November 3, 2015
    Return format: November 3, 2015

Here’s what I’m doing:

$dl_date = new DateTime( get_field('dl_date') );
    echo $dl_date ->format('F d Y'); 

This keeps returning today’s date of every single entry regardless of what date I pick. I’ve used the date picker with the same display and output settings on several other CTPs, so I’m wondering if it has something to do with the reverse relationship? Thoughts?

• I’ve also tried this method (strtotime) explained here with the same results. Every entry returns today’s date in the applied format:

http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/format-datetime/

• i would use return format: Ymd (better for ordering and strtotime)
    and than use:

setlocale(LC_TIME, 'de_DE', 'de_DE.UTF-8'); //change to language you wish to display
    $dl_date = get_field('dl_date'); //is $dl_date filled correct? or is it empty?
    $dl_date = (strtotime($dl_date));
    $dl_date_pretty = date_i18n( 'F d Y', $dl_date); //here you can change display of date format 
    //with help of date_i18n you can use setlocale to display a date with language you wish
    echo $dl_date_pretty;
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Date picker showing today's date instead of selected date’ is closed to new replies.