Support

Account

Home Forums Gutenberg Custom fields not saving

Solving

Custom fields not saving

• Will this issue be resolved with the much-anticipated official 5.8 release?

Any official word on this from ACF?

• Hello there,
    No changes for me, on an old WordPress website, if gutenberg is activated, i’m not able to save a page. The title become “Auto Draft” and is not published.
    I’m using WP version 5.2 and ACF PRO version 5.8.0. Have to disabled Gutenberg to save pages. I have never used Gutenberg on this website but because of that I can’t come in the modern WordPress world :p …

• It seems i have a problem with REST API on my local installation. It is working on production server. So, ok for.

• Not sure if this is the same problem I’m experiencing, but fields that I defined using the acf_add_local_field function are also not saving on my custom post types?

I’m running:

• WordPress Version 5.2.2
    • ACF Pro Version 5.8.2
    • Classic Editor Version 1.5

Gutenberg editor is disabled.

• Sorry, not related in the end. Saving works now!

• I’m having the same issue even when I’m using the classic editor plugin. Any solutions to this?

• Experiencing same problem suddenly.

• I had the same problem. The solution was to change the Field Name to a unique value. I’ve used “video_url”, which is used by WP. I changed to “video_url_custom” and it worked.

• Hello,

I’ve encountered this issue this week with the following setup:

– WordPress: 4.9.8
    – Gutenberg (as a plugin): 3.9.0
    – ACF: 5.8.5

I investigated a bit, comparing it to my local installation where I did not update ACF from 5.7.7 to 5.8.5.

What I was able to find is that the problem revolves around the function ‘acf_verify_nonce()’, which on 5.8.5 returns false and stops the saving pipeline. What’s more, the hidden input field ‘_acf_nonce’ is not rendered on the page on which I’m editing the ACF fields.

I see that between versions 5.7.7 and 5.8.5 there are changes in how this works in the plugin – for example, rendering of the field ‘_acf_nonce’ moved from ‘includes/forms/form-gutenberg.php’ to ‘includes/admin/admin-tools.php’ and ‘pro/admin/views/html-settings-updates.php’ That makes me think it’s quite possible it’s a bug in ACF that’s causing this.

Thanks,
    Jan

• To verify if you have the same cause of this problem as me:

• go to the ‘edit page’ screen
    • open your browser’s developer console
    • in the HTML of the page, search for ‘_acf_nonce’

If it’s not present, you can try to following stop gap fix, which seems to have worked for me:

Edit wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/forms/form-post.php and in the function save_post($post_id, $post) comment out the following three lines:

if( !acf_verify_nonce('post') ) {
        return $post_id;
    }

Warning: I’m not entirely sure what function nonce plays in ACF, or whether it’s lack is part of a larger bug. Use this workaround at your own risk.

• Not sure if this issue has been resolved. I am having a similar issue. I have created a custom post and added custom fields using ACF. When logged in as an admin, everything works perfectly but when one of my users logs in (Author or Editor roles), the custom fields did not save data. Looks fine on the page after Publish is clicked, but a refresh and the fields are empty. Title and featured image stay, but no custom fields. As with other suggestions I installed classic editor plugin and that has solved the problem for me. A shame not to be able to use Gutenberg but we will live with it.

• exactly same what i am searching for. Thanks for great explanation!

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Custom fields not saving’ is closed to new replies.