Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Custom field not appearing on category edit page

Solving

Custom field not appearing on category edit page

• I have a custom field that works fine when a new category is created, but if I need to edit this value, the field does not appear on the edit page.

I’m using the most updated version of ACF and WordPress.

Is there anything I’m missing?

• Hi @brunomonteiro

This is sure weird. Could you please share the JSON or XML export file of your field group so I can test it out on my end?

Thanks 🙂

• Hello James,

Sure. Attached is the JSON file of my custom field.
    Notice that I have enabled it to show on taxonomies.

[
        {
            "param": "taxonomy",
            "operator": "==",
            "value": "category"
        }
    ]

Thanks!

• Hi @brunomonteiro

I’ve just tested it on my installation but failed to reproduce the issue. I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference.

Maybe there’s a conflict on your site. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

If the issue persists, could you please open a new ticket and provide temporary admin credentials to your site? You can open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket. Also, please don’t forget to explain the issue again and provide the link to this thread.

Thanks 🙂

• Hello James,

I have tried with a brand new WordPress installation and fresh database. Using the default theme, still not working.

I’ll set-up a testing WordPress environment and start a support ticket.

I think this thread can be closed as it will follow as ticket from now on.

Many thanks once again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Custom field not appearing on category edit page’ is closed to new replies.