Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Compatibility problem with Vamtam themes

Solving

Compatibility problem with Vamtam themes

• Hi,

I encounter a bug in admin with vamtam theme.
    In post/page edit we have a page builder called vamtam.
    When we create a text/html bloc with the page builder we have a new window with a button “add a picture” which opens the media library. But when we insert a picture from the media library, the picture isn’t add to the bloc. In fact nothing happens.
    The issue doesn’t exist if I disable “Advanced Custom Fields”. I’m still not sure what happens, but I think that somehow ACF is preventing the page builder from marking the newly created TinyMCE instance in the block options as the currently active editor.
    There is no error in javascript console.

Do you have a workaround to that problem.

Thank you

PS: i post in bug reports but change the location if you think it’s not the right place.

• Hi @Coug

ACF does create a hidden ‘WYSIWYG’ field in the wp_footer. You can will see a hidden div at the bottom of the page. If you change the display property of this div, you can then see the WYSIWYG field.

Can you check to see if the image is being inserted into this field?

Thanks
    E

• Hi,

I’ve found the wysiwig editor, but the image isn’t inserted into this field.

Sylvian

• Hi @Coug

I think that WP uses a JS variable called wpActiveEditor to specify the active editor. This depicts where an inserted image is going to go.

Perhaps you can do some console.log tests (with firebug) on the page. Simply log the value of wpActiveEditor with ACF active, and ACF deactivated.

Thanks
    E

• Ok, how do you log wpActiveEditor in firebug ?
    I’ve never done taht before.

Thank you.

• Hi @Coug

Firebug is a plugin for firefox, you will need to install that if not already done.
    Next, open up your console log and type:
    console.log( wpActiveEditor );

on the page with the problem.

Thanks
    E

• Hi,

With ACF activated console.log( wpActiveEditor ); gives “content”

With ACF deactivated console.log( wpActiveEditor ); gives “html-content”

Is it what you are looking for ?

Sylvian

• Hi @Coug

Thanks for the info. I believe this is the issue.
    I’ll do some testing of my own to see why this active editor variable is changing.

Thanks
    E

• Hi @Coug

I have done some testing, but in all scenarios, the wpActiveEditor variable returns null on page load.

This si the expected value and allows the main editor to work correctly.

Perhaps there is some code in the Vamtam theme or another plugin that is modifying the wpActiveEditor variable.

I would advise that you contact the theme developer and ask them.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Compatibility problem with Vamtam themes’ is closed to new replies.