Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Checkbox does not save field as array

Helping

Checkbox does not save field as array

• Hi,

I’m using conditional statement for my checkbox field as per the documentation:

<?php
       $llbstones = get_field( 'stonename' );

if( $llbstones && in_array('Black Onyx', $llbstones) ) {
          echo do_shortcode( '[su_lightbox type="inline" src="#content-bk-onyx" class="llb-stone-popup"]Black Onyx[/su_lightbox]' );
       };

if( $llbstones && in_array('Blue Topaz', $llbstones) ) {
          echo do_shortcode( '[su_lightbox type="inline" src="#content-blu-topaz" class="llb-stone-popup"]Blue Topaz[/su_lightbox]' );
       };
    ?>

It’s working in the staging site, but it’s not working when I copied everything to the live site. Here’s the warning I got:
    in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given
    and when I enable debug, I got this notice:
    Undefined index: multiple in /public_html/shop/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/includes/fields/class-acf-field-select.php

I tried changing the code to:

<?php 
       if( get_field('stonename') )
       {
          if( in_array( 'Black Onyx', get_field('stonename') ) ) {
             echo do_shortcode( '[su_lightbox type="inline" src="#content-bk-onyx" class="llb-stone-popup"]Black Onyx[/su_lightbox]' );
          }
          if( in_array( 'Blue Topaz', get_field('stonename') ) ) {
             echo do_shortcode( '[su_lightbox type="inline" src="#content-blu-topaz" class="llb-stone-popup"]Blue Topaz[/su_lightbox]' );
          }
       }
    ?>

As it solves the issue in https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/conditional-statement-problem-expects-parameter/
    But it’s not working for me and still shows the same error.
    Running var_dump gives me this result:
    string(10) "Black Onyx"
    Even if I check all checkboxes, the var_dump result stays the same.
    Hope someone can help me.
    Thanks in advance.

• I believe I see a similar issue. In my setup the checkbox is part of a repeater. The value stored in the database is clearly an array, but it is returned as string. My users can select one or more items, and I implode the returned array, to generate a set of classes.

Relevant snippet:

$categories = get_sub_field('category'); //checkbox returning value
            var_dump($categories);
            $category_list = $categories ? implode(' ', $categories) : '';

Stored in database: a:1:{i:0;s:10:"cat-global";}
    Debug on my staging site: string(10) "cat-global"

Return output is set to ‘Value’, documentation states array is returned.
    Strangly enough, also for me it seems to work on my local development environment as with debug it returns: array(1) { [0]=> string(10) "cat-global" }

Just checking if we have something in common: my prod/staging are on WPEngine.

By the way I can make my code work by switching the output to ‘Both (Array)’, and then using the first returned item. Just wondering what happened as my code has been running for a few years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Checkbox does not save field as array’ is closed to new replies.