Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Buttons Not Working in Field Group

Solving

Buttons Not Working in Field Group

• I am using the non-pro version of Advanced Custom Fields (version 5.8.11), and I have two problems (they might be related). I have tested on my development site and live site and the problems persist in both.

1. For some reason, whenever I click the “required” or “conditional logic” buttons, nothing happens. The slider doesn’t toggle, no extra boxes pop-up, etc. However, when I hit publish and reopen the field group, the “required” button is now toggled on. This doesn’t work for conditional logic because it won’t let me publish a field group with “conditional logic” checked but no “logic” in the boxes. This is very frustrating and preventing me from continuing site development.

2. When I publish a field group, it creates the desired field group but also a 2nd one labeled ‘(no label)’. I have no idea why this is happening.

Thank you in advance for your speedy reply.

• You have an issue with JavaScript. Could be another plugin causing an error. Could be a corrupt JS file. You need to track down the JS error that preventing ACFs JS from running correctly.

• I fixed it!!!!!

I was creating a Chrome extension and had “developer mode” on. After I turned it off, everything went back to normal in all my plugins.

I guess developer mode autobreaks JavaScript as a security measure?

In hindsight, this makes perfect sense because the problem occurred on both my development and live site, so it had to be a browser issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.