Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Bug with ACF Pro v5.0.6 – Can't edit / save existing fields

Solving

Bug with ACF Pro v5.0.6 – Can't edit / save existing fields

• Hello – just updated to ACF Pro v5.0.6 and can no longer save changes made to existing fields – it throws an alert prompt about leaving the page / staying on the page once clicking Update. Clicking update just spins and never saves.

WP v3.9.2 Only a few standard plugins installed – update to ACF 5.0.6 was the only change.

Thank you,
    Jonathon

• Rolled back to ACF Pro v5.0.5 (copied from a second install in dev that I hadn’t updated yet) and that allows me to edit / save the existing fields again as expected.

• Had this same issue happen to me in v5.0.6. Went ahead and clicked that it was ok to leave the page and everything saved and published as intended anyways. Just thought I’d give a heads up.

• Thanks for the heads up – that’s odd, I went ahead and left the page, but it didn’t save the changes.

• Same here: I get the warning about having entered text and leaving the page, I also get the spinner, but this might be an autosave issue or something like that โ€“ Iโ€™m ultimately able to save the changes.

Just adding my two cents โ€“ something isnโ€™t quite right.

• same problem in 5.0.6! impossibile to save and leave page ๐Ÿ™

• I’m experiencing the same problem with version 5.1.4. Has this been fixed?

• Hi,
    In wp-content\plugins\advanced-custom-fields-pro\fields\taxonomy.php
    try to change (near line 320):
    $term_ids = wp_get_object_terms($post_id, $field[‘taxonomy’], array(‘fields’ => ‘tt_ids‘, ‘orderby’ => ‘none’));
    by
    $term_ids = wp_get_object_terms($post_id, $field[‘taxonomy’], array(‘fields’ => ‘ids‘, ‘orderby’ => ‘none’));

It works for me (version 5.1.4)

Eric

• Thanks addeo, I’ll try it.

I just noticed it only happens with qtranslate fields! The rest of fields are working correctly. Is it the same for you?

• For me, it happens with taxonmy fields, when term_id and term_taxonomy_id are different in the table wp_term_taxonomy. (the taxonomy is create by an import of data).
    Eric

• Then I guess my problem is different. I opened a different thread for it.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bug with ACF Pro v5.0.6 – Can't edit / save existing fields’ is closed to new replies.