Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) All role in the User list field

Solving

All role in the User list field

• Hi,

For a user that has shop manager role, i need to be display all role and not only customer role in the field User list.
    thanks

• I don’t have all of the code for this. Basically you need to create an acf/prepare_field filter https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-prepare_field/. In this filter you need to get the current user’s role and then update the field setting for role accordingly.

// to set roles to all
    $field['role'] = '';

• do you mean simply this ? $field[‘role’] = ‘shop_manager’;

my need is that the user shop manager could see all the role in the list (like admnitrator can see). Actually the list is limited to customers.
    thanks

• no, something like this, but I have not testing this

add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=field_XXXXX', 'my_set_role_filter');
    function my_set_role_filter($field) {
      if (current_user_can('shop_manager')) {
        $field['role'] = '';
      }
      return $field;
    }

• oh thanks , and should i complete this ?

$field['role'] = '';

• No, to set the field to show all roles you want that value to be an empty string

• thanks unfortunately i have tried with name=_user_id and key=select2-acf-field_5a47128676459 but it still display only customers…

• Please see the instructions for the filter. You probably need to use the field key. The field key looks something like field_XXXXXXXXX

• yes i did , strange…
    i have tried both…

add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=field_5a47128676459', 'my_set_role_filter');
        $field['role'] = '';
      }
      return $field;
    }

add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=acf-field_5a47128676459', 'my_set_role_filter');
        $field['role'] = '';
      }
      return $field;
    }
  • I can see yy with this but unfortunately i only see customer role in the list

add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=field_5a47128676459', 'my_set_role_filter');
    	print_r ("yy");
        $field['role'] = '';
      }
      return $field;
    }
  • I can see yy with this but unfortunately i only see customer role in the list

add_filter(‘acf/prepare_field/key=field_5a47128676459’, ‘my_set_role_filter’);
    print_r (“yy”);
    if (current_user_can(‘shop_manager’)) {
    $field[‘role’] = ”;
    }
    return $field;
    }

• this is what is returned in $field

Array ( [ID] => 0 [key] => field_5a47128676459 [label] => Utilisateur [name] => acf[field_5a47128676459] [prefix] => acf [type] => user [value] => [menu_order] => 0 [instructions] => [required] => 0 [id] => acf-field_5a47128676459 [class] => [conditional_logic] => 0 [parent] => group_5a471067bee5c [wrapper] => Array ( [width] => [class] => [id] => ) [role] => [allow_null] => 0 [multiple] => 0 [return_format] => id [_name] => _user_id [_valid] => 1 [_prepare] => 1 )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘All role in the User list field’ is closed to new replies.