Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Adding fields that can be answered from Loggin Users

Solving

Adding fields that can be answered from Loggin Users

• Hi,
    i’m not sure if ACF supports what i’m looking for.
    I want that Users which are logged in on my community side (with buddy press) can set more informations about themself.
    So i need fields that can be filled out from the users in the frontend.

Example: User is logged in on his account, there is a new “BuddyPress User Profile Tabs” called Holiday…and on this Tab there should be more Fields that can be filled out from the User like…Favorite Country, Which countrys i already visited..

Is it possible to use ACF for this issue?
    Should i create a field group called holiday and then the Fields Favorite Country and Countrys you visited and show them in the post with a shortcode?

Thanks a lot.

Dennis

• You can remove fields for users not logged in
    https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-prepare_field/

add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=field_XXXXXXX', 'only_for_logged_in_users');
    only_for_logged_in_users($field) {
      if (is_user_logged_in()) {
        return $field;
      }
      return false;
    }

• Hi John,

Thanks vor your reply. My Problem is not the loggin in topic.
    My Problem is That i try generelly try to Unterstand how i have to use ACF.

Do i always have to use a Code Skipped Which i paste somewhere in? Or can i just create any fieldtype and use a shortcode to display the field?

I want that users on their buddypress profile can answer to custom fields like „what is your favorite country? Or can choose an counrty Form a selectionlist.

Can i work With shortcodes? Vor Exempel…[acf field="ChooseCounrty"] Or do i have to copy codesnippeds somewhere in?

Dennis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.