Support

Account

Home Forums Pre-purchase Questions Add repeater fields, but not edit/delete old ones?

Unread

Add repeater fields, but not edit/delete old ones?

• Hi guys, I’m considering getting the AFC Pro to be able to use the repeater field. I’ve used the repeater fields years ago in a now defunct website and loved every bit of it. And I’m thinking it could be of use in a new implementation, but I don’t know if this is possible.

I need to create a log of sorts via a post where several users can input data over time. Say, the first user creates a post, fills in the required data via AFC fields and publishes it. Some time later, the second user comes back, edits the post to log new data (and this may happen several times over, that’s where the repeater would work like a charm). But I don’t want the second user to be able to delete any prevous data that was saved to the post. In fact, I don’t want any user to be able to, not even the original one. I want all previously added data to be locked unless you’re and admin.

All the user privileges can be managed elsewhere, if course I’m not expecting ACF to have this behaviour shipped by default, but have any of you come across this scenario? Is there a way of creating a function that allows users to add fields to a post, but not delete previous ones?

I’ve searched all over the interwebs, to no avail.

Thanks for reading this! Have a good day

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.