Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Add field group location to the top level index page of a custom post type (feed

Helping

Add field group location to the top level index page of a custom post type (feed

• Is this even possible. I’d like to add some fields to the top level page of a custom post type called Events. I want a couple of fields to drive some information on the Events page, the one that is a feed that works like a blog page.

The only problem page is how do I set the location parameters. But also, more importantly, since there is no page called “Events” technically where there is an edit screen, how do I accomplish this.

For the blog I just go to /blog or what ever that page is, but with a custom post type, that page does not seem to exist in the WP back-end.

I am puzzled by this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• No, you are right, there is no editor in WP that allows you to edit this page. This is where I use ACF options pages. I create an options page that appears under the custom post type menu in the admin and then I add fields to this options page. Then I can edit, in your case, archive-events.php, to use the fields.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Add field group location to the top level index page of a custom post type (feed’ is closed to new replies.