Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO acf_form no data on the frontend for individual field.

Solved

acf_form no data on the frontend for individual field.

• I’m using acf_form to make a user profile editable. I’m storing the information in various groups containing multiple fields, when I simple use a field_groups without specifying the fields the form is working fine but when I try to specify fields with their keys, the form is visible but there’s no data with the fields. I get empty input fields.

Here’s my code:

acf_form_head();
    $acf_args12 = array( 
    'id' => 'acf-form-left',
    'post_id' => 25869,
    'new_post' => false,
    'field_groups' => array('field_5fc11480d06ea'),
    'fields' => array('field_5fc265e096135', 'field_5fc65682c81ce'),
    'return'  => '',   
    'uploader' => 'basic',
    'html_before_fields' =>'<div class="container"><div class="left">',
    'html_after_fields' => '</div></div>',
    );
    acf_form($acf_args12);

My requirement is I need only some of the fields of a certain group.

• Need more information on the fields you’re trying to use.

Are these fields sub fields of other fields? If this is the case you cannot specify just the sub fields.

• Yes the fields I’m trying to get are subfields of a group field.

An example would be:
    Group Field: Admin
    Sub Field:
    Label: Years in practice Type: Text

• You cannot edit only the sub fields on a front end form without including the parent field.

The way to do this would be to include the group field in your front end form and then use an acf/prepare_field filter for each of the fields that you do not want to show and return false for these fields on the front end. Use the field key variant.

a quick example

add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=field_XXXXXXX', 'hide_acf_field_on_front');
    function hide_acf_field_on_front($field) {
      if (is_admin()) {
        // allow field in admin
        return $field;
      }
      // hide on front
      return false;
    }

• I understand what you’ve mentioned. This works but I’ve run into a bit of a mess here, is there any way that I can have multiple forms for the same group field with different forms containing different sub fields on multiple locations on the same page.

I hope I’m clear enough with my description.

• It is possible to do this. When calling acf_form() for each part you would set the form argument to false "form' => false. This prevents ACF from adding the form tags and the submit button. You would then supply your own <form></form> tags and your own submit button that wraps all of the other fields that are output making them work as a single form.

• One final query, is there any way that I can hide same sub field in one section and show it in the other on the same page with multiple acf_form.

• That is going to be more difficult. The only way I can think of, and I hate to say it, is to set and check a global variable.

// set global
    global $my_current_form;
    // set form to the current form being shown
    $my_current_form = 'form 1';
    // call acf form
    acf_form(....

// add to filter
    add_filter('acf/prepare_field/key=field_XXXXXXX', 'hide_acf_field_on_front');
    function hide_acf_field_on_front($field) {
      global $my_current_form ;
      if (is_admin() || $my_current_form == 'form 1')) {
        // allow field in admin
        // allow the field on "form 1"
        return $field;
      }
      // remove field
      return false;
    }

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.