Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues ACF with Text/Template File (Listify)

Unread

ACF with Text/Template File (Listify)

• I’m making a child theme of Listify, and trying to incorporate custom fields (for instance ‘short_address’) in the listing cards. By default these display the featured image and title.

Problem is the file that controls this all is written in an unfamiliar syntax. I can insert text and html into the file, but I’m not sure how to write the custom fields code in the correct syntax for this to work. Below is a snippet of the syntax and code from the file I’m trying to adjust.

For instance, if I add an h4 under the h3, it appears on every listing card. I just can’t figure out how to put the text, i.e. ‘short_address’ inside the h3.

<script id="tmpl-listingCard" type="text/template">
    <?php
    			/**
    			 * Insert content at the end of the listing.
    			 * @since Unknown
    			 */
    			do_action( 'listify_content_job_listing_after' );
    		?>

<# if ( data.cardDisplay.title ) { #>
    			<h3 class="job_listing-title">{{{data.title}}}</h3>
    	<# } #>
    </script>

This is what I’ve tried. The code below will print the ‘short_address’ for post ID 16859, but I can’t seem to pull in the real post ID # for each post. In this file, {{{data.id}}} represents the post ID, but if I put “{{{data.id}}}” in my php, everything breaks.

<?php // Display short address
                    $id = 16859;
                    if( get_field('short_address', $id) ): ?>
                    <div class="job_listing_acf-address"><?php the_field('short_address', $id); ?></div>
                <?php endif; ?>	

Doesn’t work:

<?php // Display short address
                    $id = {{{data.id}}};
                    if( get_field('short_address', $id) ): ?>
                    <div class="job_listing_acf-address"><?php the_field('short_address', $id); ?></div>
                <?php endif; ?>	
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ACF with Text/Template File (Listify)’ is closed to new replies.