Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues ACF user field auto populated with username on import?

Helping

ACF user field auto populated with username on import?

• sevans

• June 12, 2019 at 5:38 am

Building a private site where all users are manually imported via CSV. Wondering if feasible to have an ACF user text field auto populated with username when a user account is imported?

I suppose the alternative is to replicate the username column data in the import CSV, under the ACF meta key. Trying to save that step.

Or maybe a different approach: when displaying the ACF field, pull in the current logged in user’s username?

I’m not a coder, and just looking for some general pointers at stage. Thanks.

• Jeroen

• June 19, 2019 at 7:01 pm

For (large) CSV imports, I almost always use the WP All Import plugin with the ACF Addon. With that, you can easily create imports for custom fields and auto-populate fields by a field of your choice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.