Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO ACF Relationship Field content will NOT update on website

Solved

ACF Relationship Field content will NOT update on website

• I have no idea what is going on but since I removed fields and created fresh ones and updated my php code, now my relationship fields will NOT update on the front end. I know it’s not theme related, because when I login and edit the template it’s actually working on the backend but on the front end it’s not. Not sure why ACF hasn’t come up with a solution to show us what fields are currently active on the site and which ones can safely be deleted. I don’t know how to fix this.

• The following info for a custom field was listed in the “meta_value” field in phpmyadmin in the database. Does this mean that there is associated content with that particular custom field? It was a relationship field in ACF…

a:2:{i:0;s:5:”11637″;i:1;s:5:”11463″;}

All the rest for this particular custom field are showing the meta_value like this:

field_6324efebf4a7a

I’m trying to reconnect data to the currently used ACF fields. I messed up and renamed fields and deleted them and then created new and renamed again so it’s kinda ugly in the database lol It’s actually messing up my php code for showing specific content.

• If you created new fields then the data that used to exist for the fields can no longer be found or formatted. If the field name or the field key is changed it will break data already saved. There is no easy way to fix this.

The data you are seeing for the relationship field is serialized data and is correct.

Each field has two entries in the DB, one for the data using the meta key == to the field name and the other is the field name prepended with an underscore (_) and the value of this entry is the field key.

• The problem is solved! Had really nothing to do with the Fields. It had everything to do with the PHP code I wrote need this at the end:

wp_reset_query(); // Restore global post data stomped by the_post().
    ?>
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.