Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons User Submitted ACF City Selector

Solved

ACF City Selector

Tagged: , ,

• Beee

• November 5, 2017 at 3:47 am

This is not a support question !!! It’s a message to inform users about a new ACF extension/plugin which lets you select a country, then a state within that country and finally a city within that state.

It’s available for free on GitHub: https://github.com/Beee4life/acf-city-selector

Any comments/bugs/suggestions are more than welcome.

• cjjr82

• February 24, 2018 at 12:54 pm

Beee!
    Just wanted to give a HUGE thanks for this. I was just setting out to try to figure out how to do this with ACF, and found this plugin.
    I found 1 thing that is no biggie, but thought you may want to update the readme under the usage section you are missing the $ for the city_selector variable and the countryName is just set to country.

I also have a mysql table fully loaded with all the cities in the world, over 2 million with full regions and countries. Wanted to offer it up, if anyone needs it, or if you’d like to include the .sql file with the download Beee.

Again, thanks for this great plug-in. Took about 5 minutes to get it working and fully implemented on my site!

• Beee

• February 24, 2018 at 12:58 pm

Glad you like it 🙂

I’m not done with developing, that’s why it’s on 0.x and not 1.x yet.

There are some minor things I wanna fix, but will come…

I can’t say yet how the SQL is formatted, but I wouldn’t mind taking a look.

• cjjr82

• February 27, 2018 at 3:15 am

One thing I just found that has come as an issue for me, is if I select a country and region but don’t select a city it just returns ‘select a city’ on the front end, with no region or country listed. To me, it should give whatever data is available, so if I only select the country, have that available to display.
    The workaround I’ve found for now is to setup a NULL city for each region and country, then select that for the city and then don’t display it on the front if it = NULL.
    Not sure if this is something that can be handled on the back end, so if I don’t select a city it still offers up the data of the Region and Country.

Thanks!!!

• Beee

• February 27, 2018 at 3:22 am

Can u plz post this on the Github, so I can track stuff like this better ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.