Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues A backslash being added before quotes…

Solved

A backslash being added before quotes…

• Hello,
    I’m not posting a specific issue with ACF, because it works awesome. But I’m running into an issue that I thought the community might have some ideas on.

I have two identical sites with different branding. Both using the exact same plugins and same custom theme (by me). The only difference is the site branding. In my custom theme I utilize and Options page with Custom Fields for various items.

What I’m having a problem with is, on one of these sites (the only site that does this BTW) is when I enter a ‘ or ” in any of the fields (URL, text, WYSIWYG) when I hit update an escape backslash is added before these, so it becomes \”. The other sites doesn’t do this at all.

Seems like something is filtering the field content when I update to escape any single and double quotes. I’ve tried disabling all plugins with no change, and I’m using ACF Pro 5.7.11. It only happens on this one site, and only in the options page. Custom fields on pages/posts don’t have this behavior.

Before I go nuts (too late), thought I would reach out to the community for any ideas.
    Thanks for any help.

• Ugh, what a mess. This is a huge bug, screwing up all sorts of things on my client sites. My phone has been ringing all morning. PLEASE fix this.

• I believe that this has been corrected, but I am not sure. Can you try these steps posted by Elliot, if they do not work please submit a bug report here https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/contact/

Can you please re-download the ACF PRO plugin files and test the issue?

An easy way to re-download is to edit the main acf.php plugin file and change the version number ‘5.7.11’ down to ‘5.7.10’
    – please note the version number appears twice in this file and both will need to be changed
    – after this change is made, please update the plugin as per normal and it will update to 5.7.11 (including the new fix)

• AH!!!
    That fixed it! My other sites must of updated after the fix.
    Thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A backslash being added before quotes…’ is closed to new replies.