Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Apparent Conflict: Avada / ACF Pro (select2) Reply To: Apparent Conflict: Avada / ACF Pro (select2)

• That filter did the trick. Thank you very much, John.

What are the potential downsides of such a solution? Minor UI loss?

And while the ACF filter solution is certainly cleaner, I also happened upon this solution, which worked, but seems to be forcing a specific version of select2 to load, presumably site-wide:

function enqueue_select2_jquery() {
    wp_register_style( 'select2css', '//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/select2/3.4.8/select2.css', false, '1.0', 'all' );
    wp_register_script( 'select2', '//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/select2/3.4.8/select2.js', array( 'jquery' ), '1.0', true );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'select2css' );
    wp_enqueue_script( 'select2' );
    }
    add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'enqueue_select2_jquery' );
    add_action('admin_head', 'my_admin_ket');
    function my_admin_ket() {
    echo '

<script type="text/javascript"> jQuery(document).ready(function($) { jQuery(".option-tree-ui-select").select2(); }); </script>
    ';
    }
    }

Any opinion as to whether or not I’d better off going a similar route, if not this latter solution exactly?

As a side note (mostly), ACF Pro and The Events Calendar are bundled with Avada Theme to some extent, which makes me wonder what’s going on under the hood to help the error be avoided on the custom Tribe Events post type, but not on the native posts/pages type.