Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Page Link field causing white screen of death with too many posts Reply To: Page Link field causing white screen of death with too many posts

• I had the same issue. I have Page Link fields in a repeater, and having about 8 of them on a page brought the loading time of the editing screen to 1.5+ minutes, which on my host often results in a 502 error. Changing the field to list only pages instead of All brings it down to about 10~15 seconds. Slow, but manageable.

I’m guessing that whatever function outputs the dropdown for the Page Link field runs through all the pages, generating the html for each page, every time you have a Page Link dropdown. This could instead generate the html once on the page, save that html, and output the same code every time a Page Link dropdown needs to be displayed on the page.

Faison, there were no Debug errors because the php is fine – no errors to raise. It’s just taking so long to loop through all those posts that the server gives up, or you give up waiting. There should probably be a timeout error or something in your error log though, I think, but that has to do with server settings, and whether it’s actually timing out.