Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Updating flexible content field makes rows disappear in backend Reply To: Updating flexible content field makes rows disappear in backend

• I’ve exactly the same problem with a flexible content field now (acf v4.3.2 / Flexible Content Field v1.1.0).

I did succesfully change the field group with older versions of ACF. The last change is about half a year ago. PHP value max_input_vars has always been 1000. Also there is plenty of memory available (256MB and page requests need about 60MB).

The error already occurs if I simply change the value of ‘Maximum Layouts’. When saving this value is not stored, also the value of ‘Button Label’ is reset to the default and the last three layouts of the flexible content field disappear. But a change of the label field at the top is successfully saved. When exporting the field group in a xml file the missing layouts are not contained any more.

When importing an earlier backup the missing layouts are back again. I’ve tested this on two servers.

Do the newer versions of acf use much more input vars than before? Or may it be a bug in the plugin which cuts the input stream?