Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level reached Reply To: Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level reached

• I had a similar “Maximum function nesting level of ‘200’ reached” issue this AM when updating a site using WP 5.0.3 to version 5.7.12.

This site imports a number of ACF Pro fields via JSON, and I’m working to localize the issue further.

I reverted to previous versions of ACF Pro and the problem seems to introduced in the 5.7.11 release. The problem resolves if I rollback the version to 5.7.10.

The traceback of the error log hit the following before the page failed to render. Both Pages and AJAX Requests that use ACF fields via the WP API were failing to render.

We use ACF Pro pretty heavily – is there a particular case where the acf/validate_setting filter might be hitting recursively when the page loads?

`
    #0 {acf-pro-path}/includes/api/api-helpers.php(145): apply_filters(‘acf/validate_se…’, ‘export_textdoma…’)
    #1 {acf-pro-path}/includes/api/api-helpers.php(165): acf_validate_setting(‘export_textdoma…’)
    #2 {acf-pro-path}/includes/deprecated.php(78): acf_get_setting(‘export_textdoma…’, ”)
    #3 {wp-path}/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): acf_deprecated->acf_settings_l10n_textdomain(”)
    #4 {wp-path}/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array)
    #5 Error while reading response header from upstream.
    2019/02/20 19:19:38 [error] 1352#1352: *4123 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Maximum function nesting level of ‘200’ reached, aborting! in {wp-path}/wp-includes/plugin.php:176
    `