Support

Account

Home Forums Feedback ACF PRO 5.7.11 bugs (and it's solution) just caused a massive loss of confidence Reply To: ACF PRO 5.7.11 bugs (and it's solution) just caused a massive loss of confidence

• @elliot For the acf/format_value issue, if you haven’t received any reports for it, it’s possible I was doing something very unusual.

qtranslate saves all translates in the same fields, separated by a syntax, something like this [:en] english here [:es] spanish here. By default it gives you English, but I wanted to get unfiltered full value with all languages.

// * Removing filter so that we get the raw untranslated value (acf-qtranslate uses acf/format_value)
    remove_all_filters('acf/format_value');
    $fields = get_fields($post_id);

This did the trick for me. But after 5.7.11, this also caused all of the field key names in the response to turn into IDs (“text_field_name” turned into “field_5bfd7724ed94”).

I already refactored it to work without remove_all_filters so I’m not stuck on it. If nobody else has reported it perhaps there’s not an issue especially since I was using a heavy handed technique in the first place (remove_all_filters)