Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Custom post type category selector in a new page Reply To: Custom post type category selector in a new page

• Sorry I did not get back to this sooner.

But to try and answer the question….

Even if I was going to add a field on a page to allow the client to select the testimonials that they want to show on that page I would still set up testimonials as a custom post type and create a custom taxonomy to allow categorization. I might even add multiple custom taxonomies depending on the clients needs. Why? Because this keeps things organized and allows for the most flexibility. If needed I can show all of the “posts” in an archive. I can show all of the posts in a specific category, etc. I could also build an interface that is use on pages with ACF to allow the client to select what testimonials to show, wither by category or allow them to select specific testimonials to display. If they wanted to show the most recent 5, I could give them a number field to determine how many to show. If they wanted to have “featured testimonials” shown on the home page, I could created a checkbox field on the testimonial to they could mark which ones they want featured and then I can display those. Using a custom post type and taxonomy removes any duplication of work, they just have to enter it once and there is freedom to do whatever is needed with the “Posts”.