Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Update Taxonomy With ACF Fields Reply To: Update Taxonomy With ACF Fields

• Hi John, thanks for the reply!

These fields would not be visible to the User. There’s only one Admin of the site and it would be up to them to fill out this Member taxonomy for each Post created. Basically, the only goal is to be able to sort Posts on the front-end by Members (similar to how Tags work).

So far, I have the custom Taxonomy for Members added in the functions.php and it works great, I can add/edit those in the WP Dashboard (again, similar to Tags). I also added an ACF Taxonomy field to my Posts so that I can then choose any taxonomy Member that should be related to a Post.

The final step here that I’m trying to solve is if a certain Member doesn’t exist yet, it would be ideal to be able to create that new Member from within the Post (rather than having to close the draft post, add the Member in the custom taxonomy area, then re-edit the post and select the member).

The Create Terms setting does work perfect and I tried that but, like you pointed out, it only allowed me to create the new Member’s name. Is there any way possible that I can have the Create Terms setting also give me fields for slug and description?