Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Using ACF PRO to build a comparison chart Reply To: Using ACF PRO to build a comparison chart

• Hi @mhowellsmead , thank you for your reply. I had considered going the cpt route, the image I shared was just one simple example. My client is going to want to create many charts, each type of chart comparing different products and features. So as of now, even my client can’t provide me with a complete list of possible features a product can have. More products with different features are going to be made available and my client is not going to want me to have to go in and add new features as they become available.

So sadly, creating the features as choices in a field group is not going to viable option. And I’m having a tough time thinking of a way to let the client enter custom features that will be simple and intuitive for them to use for all the different products and features they will comparing.

I was wondering if there is a way to create 2 sets of repeaters. The first repeater for the features. The second repeater would be for products. Then inside the products repeater I would have a nested repeater where they could enter a value for a given feature, like a check, text or leave blank. The part I’m wondering if there is a way to dynamically create as many rows in the nested repeater as there are in the features repeater, and then maybe display the value of each row of the features repeater in each row of the nested repeater.

So for example, if I created 5 features (in the first repeater): feature 1, feature 2, feature 3, feature 4 and feature 5. Then when I create a new row in the products repeater, there will be a nested repeater for whether this product has this feature. So in this nested repeater, there would already be 5 rows created, and value entered for its corresponding row in the features repeater displays as a label or something.

I hope I didn’t confuse anyone further. Just trying to think of a creative solution. I’m just not sure how to pull it off.