Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Populating checkboxes with custom field data from relationship field selection Reply To: Populating checkboxes with custom field data from relationship field selection

• Just in case anyone stumbles upon this and is trying to do the same I’ve managed to pull in the repeater values using the following (all of which is located in the same file on my setup):

add_action('wp_ajax_data_fetch', 'data_fetch'); // logged in users
    add_action('wp_ajax_nopriv_data_fetch', 'data_fetch'); // other users
    function data_fetch(){
    	$post_id = filter_input( INPUT_POST, 'post_id' ); // post id passed from select value via ajax

$array = array(); // setup empty array
    	$rows = get_field('new_colour', $post_id); // repeater field
    	if($rows)
    	{
    		foreach($rows as $row) // foreach for each repeater row
    		{
    			$array[] = '<li data-id="' . esc_attr( $row['unique_id'] ) . '"><label><input type="checkbox" value="' . get_the_title($post_id) . " - " . $row['colour_name'] . '">' . $row['colour_name'] . '</label></li>'; // stuff I want to display on the div I'm appending the repeater values to
    		}
    	}

wp_send_json($array); //Use WP send json function - send data back to the page I'm displaying the div on
    }

$field.change(function () { // $field = select dropdown

var post_id = $(this).val(); // value of select dropdown = page id where repeater is located

var data = {
    		action : 'data_fetch',
    		'post_id' : post_id
    	}
    	var $customList = $(this).closest('.acf-row').find('#modal .checkbox-list-custom'); // element I'm displaying data in (i have multiple divs I want to populate with values)

$.post( ajaxurl, data ).done(function(result) {
    		$customList.empty(); // emptying the div of any previous data
    		$customList.append(result); // appending results to div
    	});					

$modal.removeClass('visible'); // hide other open divs for additional select relationship field drop downs
    	$(this).closest('.acf-row').find('#modal:eq(0)').addClass('visible'); // making relevant div visible after the above has completed

});

I’ve not included anything to save the metadata to the post yet, but that shouldn’t be too difficult (famous last words right there).