Thank you for taking out time and responding back. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. Here is what I did:
1) Copy single.php file from parent theme (genesis to child theme (business pro)
2) Copied the 1st code excerpt you provided and pasted it before “genesis();” in the single.php file which now exists in child theme.
3)Then I copied the 2nd part of code and pasted it in the same file.
4) I replaced the content between strong tags with the acf code that I have posted in my 1st comment which starts like this *** Predefined Custom Fields ***/
Just to give you a complete picture here is some further info
– Business pro is my child theme while genesis is parent theme.
– I am just trying to add an acf repeater field which includes a color picker and an editor for description.
– These repeater fields are required on all PAGES. By pages I mean the PAGES that you see on the left sidebar of wordpress dashboard. These are different from POSTS which are blogs etc.
Once again highly appreciate your effort.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
📣 “ACF Chat Fridays”— Advanced Custom Fields (@wp_acf) January 31, 2023
The ACF team holds their first open office hours this Friday! Come and talk ACF, and ask questions about building sites with the plugin.
We’d love to see you there!
📆 Friday 3rd Feb - 3pm UTC
👉 Register here - https://t.co/3UtvQbE4CU pic.twitter.com/oTwW9K1XQ0
© 2023 Advanced Custom Fields.