Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues GDPR Reply To: GDPR

• Hi guys

Thanks for the question. I’m currently working on GDPR documentation and would love to get your input too!

To answer your question, yes, I believe that the ACF plugin is GDPR ready.
    The plugin does not collect or process any personal data when installed on a WP website.

The only time when data is collect is when an ACF PRO license is activated. We outline this in our privacy policy:

Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information to authenticate a license activation or plugin update. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better. This information includes the versions of ACF and WP installed, website name, website URL, website language and timezone.

As for the ACF website, we use WooCommerce to handle all store functionality, so there is definitely some personal information stored such as name, email, etc. Please note that we use both PayPal and Stripe to handle payment information – we don’t store any of this.

We use Mailchimp as our email marketing tool, which from what I have read are adding in GDRP settings and sugest sending out a campaign to get people to re ‘opt-in’ for marketing material.

Please feel free to comment below and let me know how you feel about the above, or if you have any advice, concerns or questions.

Once question I am asking, is does ACF require any changes to the ‘Enter License Key’ panel on the ‘Custom Fields > Updates’ page to confirm and acknowledge the specific data to be sent.
    Is this going too far, or is this what GDPR is asking for?

Thanks
    Elliot