Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Clone single field name conflict Reply To: Clone single field name conflict

• if you name both the clone field and the cloned field “text_field” and you only use this once….. to be completely honest, I do not know if this would cause a conflict. It might, but shouldn’t. I would try to stay away from doing this. It could be that when you do get_field('text_field') that ACF may be getting confused about getting the clone or the cloned field.

If you name them differently and you do not use prefixing then you should use get_field('text_field') but if you do use prefixing then you should use get_field(‘clone_field_text_field’)`.

Going to be completely honest, I have tried clone fields and I don’t much like them. They reduce the amount of work creating field groups, but they add to that work back in when coding the front end. It can save some time when everything is exactly the same about the fields but for me there’s not enough of an advantage with using them. And I have had problems with them when using them in flex field layouts and repeater fields.