Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Show image file-name only in admin/backend Reply To: Show image file-name only in admin/backend

• @tobiasheuken

I have a quick dirty solution for you, if I am understanding the issue correctly. Since this is just temporary, this should be an OK solution for this scenario.

Now… I am assuming that:

1) You have a repeater of data
    2) You don’t mind adding another field within that repeater to display the filename

Also… my brain could have overthought this issue from the beginning. There *may* be a super simple way to accomplish this. However, it only took me a few minutes, so.. here goes:

Step 1: Install the ACF Enhanced Message Field plugin, so that we can add a field to your repeater that allows for PHP code. Thanks Dreb Bits!

Step 2: Add the following code into your newly created Enhanced Message Field in your repeater:

<?php
    global $my_row_number;
    if ( !$my_row_number ) { $my_row_number = 0; }
    $rows = get_field('repeater-name');
    $specific_row = $rows[$my_row_number];
    $sub_field_value = $specific_row['image-field-name'];
    echo basename($sub_field_value['url']); // echos *just* the filename for the image
    $my_row_number++;
    ?>

Sure, it’s a weird solution, but assuming I understand your issue correctly, it works like a charm 🙂

Take care to change the Repeater field name, as well as the Sub field name when using the above code.

Hope this works! Let me know.
    Keith