Support

Account

Home Forums Feedback Field name vs field key in update_post Reply To: Field name vs field key in update_post

• Using the field key and why is explained in the update_field() documentation, which is where I think the developer expects people to look when they’re using that function. There are also examples of updating several types of fields, including a flex field, which is the same as a repeater with the addition of ‘acf_fc_layout’. A group field is also another form of repeater as example code for a loop shows. I know that figuring out what the value should be may be complicated and these things are not spelled out explicitly. With the number of field types and the different types of data they hold, most of these details are really left for us to figure out.

I can’t really do anything about the documentation. I’m not the developer and I don’t maintain this site. I’m just here to help out on this forum. If you want to submit suggestions for documentation improvements you can probably open a new support ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/