Oh sorry, John, thought I was on a different post. I managed this last night after about five or six hours of work, randomly trying all combinations of field_value, term_id, slug … I could think of. Well, the lot. For HOURS. So frankly I don’t know what actually made it work, as it’s all very random to me. All I know is that I ended up with an extremely long script where I call the database multiple times. And to be honest, I don’t think it’s good for performance, at all.
And now AGAIN (different project) I can’t get simple fields from a custom post type. It somehow turns into a bleedin’ nightmare every time I (try) use this plugin … and I seriously cannot grasp why.
I just sent a ticket (again) for the exact same issue I start out with every time I use this plugins. It’s really sad, actually.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!