Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Using acf/validate_value to validate repeater field Reply To: Using acf/validate_value to validate repeater field

• Thanks for sharing your code.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that I can add a simplification to ituk’s post. If you just want the first item in the repeater, you can target it with the [0] array index without needing to reset the repeater field. So the following chunk of ituk’s code:

$repeater_field = $_POST['acf']['field_57bc841e7f973']; //repater parent key
    reset($repeater_field); //reset repeater array to the rist row
    $first_field = key($repeater_field); //get first key in the repeater array
    $my_text_field = $_POST['acf']['field_57bc841e7f973'][$first_field]['field_57bc8a5447d06']; //specific field

can be simplified to this:

$my_text_field = $_POST['acf']['field_57bc841e7f973'][0]['field_57bc8a5447d06']; //specific field

NOTE: This only works for the 1st item! It seems that the first item uses the [0] array index but each repeater subfield that gets added gets a randomly generated array index. So instead of going to [1] for the second item it will be something like [58b641f67f3de], which is a randomly generated string that is probably generated from the server’s timestamp.