Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Use ACF as a custom shortcode generator Reply To: Use ACF as a custom shortcode generator

• My solution is actually to use the shortcodes ultimate plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/ and code custom shortcodes either using the shortcode maker add on for it or by coding custom shortcodes for it using PHP. Mostly coding custom shortcodes for it with PHP. It has filters so that you can add shortcodes without buying the shortcode maker add on which allows for more control than the maker add on provides.

To be completely honest, I’m actually using a my own customized version of shortcodes ultimate. The version in the repo only grabs the “text” value from the WP editor and I need it to grab “html” and I also made a modification so that it will also grab text when in “Text” mode and not just in “Visual”. The official version also has a problem with multiple editors on a page in ACF or any other plugin that provides mulitple tinyMCE editors, so I’ve corrected that. To be honest, I’m not sure if the developer is interested in my modifications, I’ve asked, but that’s up to him.