Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Differences between Bidirectional Relationship tutorial and ACF Post-2-Post Reply To: Differences between Bidirectional Relationship tutorial and ACF Post-2-Post

• The reason that the functionality hasn’t been added to core is that, and this is just an educated guess, as as plugin created by a third party like myself, I can enforce some restrictions, like not supporting it for sub fields of repeaters, flex fields and clones, and requiring that the fields on all post types must have the same name.

If added to the core it would not be long before all of the things I won’t support are requested and quite honestly, it would be nearly impossible to make it work under all conditions.

The code that the developer has provided as an example as well as the alternate solution I created in my acf filters and function repo over on github, could be extended with effort to deal with specific fields under varying conditions.

I actually respect Elliot’s decision to not add some things to the core of ACF and instead to provide more than adequate hooks so that we can extend it almost infinitely to meet the needs of specific projects.