Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Search Form for ACF for Custom Post Types Reply To: Search Form for ACF for Custom Post Types

• I’m not saying it isn’t. I’m just offering alternatives to things that can be difficult hurdles when dealing with searching and querying some of the more complicated ACF field types. Rather than expect a search plugin of any kind to deal with these special fields I take the approach of making the fields easier for these plugins to use when they need to use them. I would not do something like this for every complex ACF field, only those that I need to use in a query.

I also posted a similar solution for making an acf repeater sub field easier to query (https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/get-next-post/#post-45909). Overall, I like my queries to be less complex and easier to figure out. The reason being self defense. I’m going to have to look at it again eventually, usually after a long enough time that I really don’t remember what it was I did and try to figure out what I was thinking when I built it. I dislike complex code that takes longer to figure out how to change it than it does to make the change.